CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Overwhelming feelings...


So its currently 12:24 AM and i have been laying in bed trying to fall asleep because i know 6:45 is going to be here in a blink and then it will be time to start my monday but as i was laying here listening to my mellow music that i fall asleep to i just had all this overwhelming feelings that i just had to put somewhere and i thought this might just be the best place. I was laying here thinking of all the things in life that are overwhelming... like people who show overwhelming amount of courage or overwhelming amount of love or humility or friendship and these are where my thoughts took me. I went to a friends house yesterday and she showed me a picture of her mother who had passed away and i thought about my mom and what my life would be like right know if i did not have her here to share it all with and the amount of courage it must take to face life head out without a mother. And then I was thinking about my Nana who called me today because she hurt her knee and was wondering if she needed to see a Doctor right away and i thought about her life and how she has experienced physical pain for thirty some years now because her body is weak and has let her down in so many ways. and then i was thinking of my roommate marci who has shown me overwhelming friendship and has helped me in so many aspect of life from encouraging me to move out east to teaching what it means to be healthy to just being my friend. And then i think of my sister in laws with young babies and the overwhelming amount of unselfishness they show in a daily basis of being tired and wore out yet always putting their kids first and having kids in the first place. And then i thought about my other roommate katie who is one of the kindest people i have ever met and who showed an overwhelming amount of humility with one of her friends recently and was just there for her and didn't question anything. And then I thought about my roommate Triston who has an overwhelming amount of knowledge. she is one of the smartest people i know she knows something about everything and i am always in awe by her. and then I thought about my friend whitney who i called today who has shown me an overwhelming amount of support. She has been my backbone since i met her. she cheers me on in everything that i do and as long as i am happy she is always happy for me and she really means it. And my friend katie white who has shown me an overwhelming about of advice. she has been there for me from day one and always has the right thing to say to make me feel that everything is ok. And I was just laying here thinking about all these people that i am in contact withand it just blew me away the amount of overwhelming feelings i feel towards them and their examples. and there are so many more examples i could use. people in my life who show an overwhelming amount of love towards their families or strangers they meet on the street or in foreign countries. there is so much good out there and so many people just trying to do their very best in life and it just makes everything else in life fall into place. I have just felt so overwhelmed for a lack of a better word to describe what i feel today as i have contemplated what people do on a daily basis and i have realized it is wonderful thing. I know i will continue to be overwhelmed by the way people around me live their lives with courage and passion and love and faith and it will be nothing short of extraordinary.

5 comments:

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

JO! I love your new posts. You too are the greatest example of how to live a fun, righteous, and fulfilling life! I love that you can become friends with anyone and everyone. Everyone wants to be your friend cause you are so kind yet so fun at the same time. I love that we are roomies! Let the good times continue.

Ashley said...

Jo,
I work closely at Micron with someone you know from the old days of Twin Falls. We made the connection because I was showing her Whit's blog and she saw your name and wanted me to tell you "What Up" from her....Ashlee Pfefferle. You look like you are livin' it up Joanna style in Boston. Hope this finds you well and we send our best to you on the East Coast. Love ya and keep it real. Sincerely, Ashley Brown

Unknown said...

Jo-baby, you are amazing. I love that you think this way, and that you can articulate it. There are so many people in our lives who inspire us and, when we think about it, it is completely overwhelming.

Love you girly!
xox

Whitney said...

Ok so I currently am at work with tears in my eyes! i love you jo jo so much! you are very inspiring and your post made me think about all the good out there. it seems like life and society focus too much on all the bad. thanks for reminding me of all the good-and thanks for your overwhelming love!

Anonymous said...

I am very sad that I didn't make the post!!! love ya sis...HaHaHa
I know I'm your fav.