CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

THE BEST WAY TO WATCH A FOOTBALL GAME


Ok so tonight was one of the most fun nights of my life!!! It all started by a classmate of mine inviting me to watch the Undefeated New England Patriots play the also Undefeated Colts. Now let me set this up for everyone. My friend watches the patriots play every sunday with a group of friends that she has known for a long long time. One of her friends they met in the second grade. now from this friend the group includes her mother, father, brother, son, a bouncer a biker and some guy who flew under the radar that i don't know and the of course my friend and her husband. now on top of all these wonderful people they watch the game in a two story shed. the upstairs has a tv and the best part is on the walls are all the retired jerseys from players that no longer play for the team. Downstairs is where all the action happens. there is a tv mounted on a wall with speakers next to it and then a bar with a row of bar stools that everyone sits at... know everyone has their assigned bar stool. its great! the best part is when you need a new drink (diet Pepsi for me) you just knock your empty can and they slide a new one down to you. it was awesome. The reason this was the best way to watch a football game is all these people grew up in Mass and they have the thickest and greatest accents ever!!! and let me tell you they love love love their new England sports especially the red sox patriots bruins and everyone else. Every person had a jersey on. they even brought a hat for me to wear so i could really be in the spirit. I have never laughed so hard or enjoyed a sporting event more then sitting and hanging out with these amazing people. Ya know sometime it is really hard to be far away from idaho and from home. I can feel myself growing and really finding out who i am by being so far from home and tonight i felt like i was with family. they were so nice to me and were so intrigued by meeting someone from idaho... most of them had never met a person from idaho or a Mormon.... it was really a great experience. It was one of those experiences when you realize wow we really are all god's children and we are all tied together in this life. i love getting to know new people and being apart of their lives. We chanted "lets go patriots" "Peyton Sucks" and clapped and gave high fives! and ate and ate and ate. it was honestly one of the best memories i have of watching a sports team. being with thse amazing peopel and laughing and dancing was something i will never forget. I have no doubt that god is aware of me and that he has had a plan for me my entire life and will continue to bless me and send me on a path that will bring the most happiness to me. I am grateful for my unexpected move to boston and for all the experiences that i am having here. its has been the best ride! I look forward to many more memories and more fantastic sports memories no matter if it is with my new found friends in Mass or my family that i love in Idaho!!! I can now say i have experienced the best way to watch the patriots and for that all i can say is keep the memories coming TOM!!!!

0 comments: