CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

People are so good... life is good




So I am sitting here on a tuesday afternoon watching a little extreme makeover home edition and procrastinating my homework and i just wanted to blog and share a few thoughts. people are so good and so amazing. its pretty to crazy to think about all the individuals there are in the world but how often people are looking out for others. Sometimes i think we all forget how much we all individually matter and that sometimes we sell ourselves short or just don't realize all the good we do, and I don't mean me, but people around me... i have seen a friend have a fund raising party with cup cakes for our multiple sclerosis walk just because she feels like helping raise some money so we can one day find a cure for this disease that is apart of a dear friends life which makes it apart of my life. Or the fact that over 50 girls who live on their own and have very busy lives will show up at an enrichment activity to show their support and when one girl was having one of those days that we all have when we just don't feel great about ourselves i watched numerous girls give her a suttle hand squeezes, hugs, and encouraging words. Every tuesday i go and participate in a tutoring program for young people and the most amazing part is the tutors do it for free, they are all around my age, and some travel over an hour by train to get home and yet they come every week and inspire these young people to keep working hard. It blows my mind to see how much people care. I could go on and on with these examples of times when i have seen people love those around them. It is such an inspiration to me and leads me into my next thought that life is good.
Mortality is one of the most amazing concepts to me... sometimes i like to just sit back and think how amazing it is that here i am living my life meeting new people and keeping old friends. As many of you know the friends that i made at USU have impacted my life more then they will ever know and recently a few of them have had big time excitement. One just had a new beautiful baby girl. and just talking to her on the phone i could hear the happiness in her voice and it made me thrilled to hear about her new adventure.. another one just got back from an LDS mission in canada and already she has given away more then 4 books of Mormon. I just love this friend and am so excited for her and her excitement for the gospel even off the mission. This weekend my roommate from USU and know Boston had a birthday and we had such a great time and just loved life. She has been a life savor for me the past 8 months and i will always be in debt to her. i just feel so blessed with the friends and family i have in my life... it still amazes me when i get texts messages from friends from utah that they take the time to say hello or share a funny story. and just the other night my roommate and i stayed up till 1 am just talking and laughing. I had to blog because my heart has been so full of all the good things in life. I hope all of you are able to see the good things in your life and that if things are hard that you will know you are all amazing wonderful people and I am grateful for you all!!

6 comments:

NatAttack said...

Jo--this is a gorgeous reminder about all the good there is in life! Thanks for passing it on! XOXO.

Whitney Blake said...

You forgot to say how amazing you are in this blog post. You truly are, every time I think of you I get a huge smile. You bring happiness to everyone around you. I am so very grateful for your friendship and your determination in life. Miss you and Love you tons! Great Post!

Kate said...

This was such a cute post, I think you are right thanks for the reminder. One funny thing is when you said mortality I thought it said morality...just a dislexic moment that could have gotten really awkward!

Emmett and Ashlee said...

I haven't seen you in forever Jo. I saw your blog and Ashlee's and I had to say hello. Sounds like you are doing great.
Ashlee Corrigan (Harmon)

Laura said...

I echo Nat's words with lotsa heartfelt sentiment. Thanks for the reminder of so much good going on and the impetus to recognize it.

And I agree with previous comments... you are one of those good good parts of life!

Lara said...

So true. You've always had an awesome personality, though, so I know you see the good in everything. How we all should be.