CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

I wanna be made...

So, in order to understand this blog post i am hoping that you all have watched as much MTV as I have in my life. And assuming that you have i hope you have caught a few episodes of the show MADE.. and if you are really hard core picture the people at the beginning saying "I want to be made" ok ok back to the post... So today it hit me that I am apart of my own version of the show and i am currently being made into a runner... even thought i don't remember ever saying I want to be made into a runner here i am on my own version of mtv's show... and my MADE coach...Marci... in 2 weeks from today i am running in the big lake half marathon. The realization that i am being made came to me while i was running 10 miles today. The parallel between me and the show are pretty impressive.. this morning right after i woke up my coach was there to tell me we are running at 1:00, then at 1:00 while i was working on a paper that i have to get finished for school i had to quit working on it and leave to go running.. Then while we were driving i was complaining the entire drive this is when my coach gave me this pep talk on why i am doing this and that it is my choice and that i can quit anytime, but then once we got there and i started running past Harvard's campus, MIT's campus and straight to the museum of science and back along the Charles the endorphins were pumping and I realized the whole reason i am doing this and how great it is going to be to say i have ran 13.1 miles. That is something i thought I could never do, but something deep down I would have always loved to try. Just like those people who are the geeks and want to be a cheerleader, or the jock who wants to do a ballet. So even though I may never be a reality TV star today around mile 8 i realized why we should always try to challenge ourselves and push ourselves to do things we never thought we could do... know just keep your fingers crossed the race goes as fabulous as today.

10 comments:

NatAttack said...

You are a genius. This parallel is SPOT ON.

heidikins said...

Congrats doll! I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

xox

Jesy said...

Hi Jo Jo!
I'm so glad I found your blog! How are you! It sounds like you are doing well for yourself and enjoying Boston! Do you ever see my muncchkin Dorothy? If so... give her a big ol' hug for me! Love and miss ya!

*~ Jesy ~*

Kate said...

Ha Ha! You know what, I am want to be made into a hip hop dancer. I am so proud of you! I am the worst runner ever, you are an inspiration to us all Joey!

Whitney said...

good job girl! i am proud of you and i know you will do awesome come race day!

Matt & Ali said...

Hey cute girl!!! This was one of the best analogies I have ever heard and I am married to the kind of analogies!!!! Let me know when you come home I would love to see you!!! Sounds like you are doing fantastic. Before ya know it you will be runnin the "Boston" AAHHHH!!! Can't wait to stay up to date with you!!!
Love,
Ali

Matt & Ali said...

sorry kind was suppose to be king. I can't type!!!

Tabbi said...

Yo Jo, I just found your blog. I am thinking seriously about taking a trip to Boston in the next few months. What do you think about that? And you should definitely come down to DC sometime, maybe over July 4th? Sound like a patriotic time to visit the U.S. Capital?

TABBI

Bree said...

Jo you look so good, and your hair is darling! I love it, when did you cut it? For all I know it has been that way for a while.

Anonymous said...

JO! Its Noelle... I'm so glad I found you! You seem sooo happy! I bet Boston is fun, I'd love to go there someday. Good luck with the marathon... you are an inspiration. Can't wait to hear more about it. Love ya! Noelle