CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

4 things

Today i realized a few things, 4 to be exact
1. Because marci no longer lives with me i am going to have to break down and buy a digital camera... or any type camera for that matter...
2. Its never a good idea to paint an entire wood playhouse with only a brush and a bucket of paint. Let me just say this it has been over 8 years since the thing has been painted and it will probably be another 8 years before i paint it again but i will be investing in a roller, and a paint pan. The best part about the whole thing is i couldn't reach some parts of the roof so i just left them. This would bug most people but not me. Hey, it looks better then it did. I also realized my parents need a new ladder. I knew there was a problem when i had an escape plan of how to break the least amount of bones if the thing buckled below me. and finally i wish i had a camera to get a picture of me covered in paint. Funny story. My mom didn't know i was painting and thought i was out runnung well needless to say when i walked up onto the deck covered in red paint she panicked and thought i had been attacked. Pretty classic Carol moment.
3. Baseball really is America's pastime and in the past few years i have found a new and bigger place in my heart for it. here is a great link explaining this better. http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3488077&name=gammons_peter&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d3488077%26name%3dgammons_peter
4. Today i got to babysit my niece madeline and nephew Sherman. My niece is beyond cute and for some reason just adores me. Everytime she sees me she yells about Aunt JoAnna and runs straight to me and will give me the biggest hugs. I think it is payback from how her dad my brother teased me without end while i was growing up. Anyway today while i was babysitting i had sherman on half my lap and madeline on the other. The three of us sat there drinking chocolate milk and watching tom and jerry. It was a highlight and made me realize cartoons really are the best babysitting tactic and anyone who doesn't let their kids watch them is straight up crazy. also old school cartoons that i grew up on like tom and jerry is a billion times better then the new ones they have today.

7 comments:

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

So i am already booted over to the "west coasterS" haha... so what if I decide to move back east.. then what.. hah.. love ya

Whitney said...

you are such an awesome aunt! some of my friends at work got a digital camera from costco, they are the ones that come in colors like pink, purple, blue. the ones that ashton kutcher did the commercials for. you should totally get one! i wish i could get one and they are only like $180 maybe we could go pick one out together when i get there!

Kath, Becca, and Ellie said...

hey woman. i've spent the morning thus far catching up on your life via blogger. Glad that istalking is legal... You are amazing and I love to hear your stories. Keep up the good work and represent out there! Stop by anytime:

http://kathyleslie.blogspot.com

AngiDe said...

Joanna!!! Hey my friend! I found you on Kathy's blog!You are in Boston? We are close to each other.... somewhat.
Anyway, good to see things are going well! Drop me a comment sometime: www.deweyisms.blogspot.com

**nicke... said...

that the eff! why haven't you come to twin falls and if you have, why haven't you called me??? whitney is supposed to be here this week and i am super excited!!! call me!!!

**nicke... said...

i totally agree about the cartoons!!! tom and jerry, bugs bunny, old school winnie the pooh... oh, yeah dude! all this japanese anime crap makes me want to barf! i love the cartoon of bugs with the bull... when the bull swallows the gun and it goes into his tail and he tries shooting bugs with his horns. priceless. what a gulla-bull. what a nin-cow-poop! love love love it!!!

Blair Ford said...

For the love of all mankind... Please paint the rest of the roof.