CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

my saving grace


This is sort of an intersting post. Its about 1 am and its a monday night and I am curled up in my usual spot on kacey and casey's floor realizing i only have one more night here in san diego before i am off to my next adventure and i am starting to feel a bit nervouse and melancholy. Maybe i should start from the beginning.. well from the beginning of how i ended up in So. Cal.

I graduated from Utah State and moved literally that same day to Salt Lake. I knew it was the right move and thankfully i was doing it with a best friend. I had nothing but high hopes and couldn't wait for the things i would experaince. Little did i know it would be the hardest most draining year of my life thus far. It started off incredible. WE had an amazing house. normal roomates great location. the job i had for the summer was great. and I had bright hopes for the future. As time went on things changed and life became a little bit more grey every day. I had the most amazing friends at USU ones you know would max their credit card to fly wherever you needed them even if it was just for a shoulder. Ones that called up and just knew they needed to say hello. Or the types of friends that you can be doing nothing but playing darts having orange juliouses and watching flavor fav and it could make up your favorite memories. Salt lake was not this easy. It was hard to find people to relate with and find people who cared as much about me as I did them. My great job ended at the end of the summer and a new one started. I enjoyed the people i worked with but deep down i knew it could not be a career move.

I felt like i was in a funace burning and not sure if there was an end in sight. I even almost moved to idaho one day. I literally packed my entire car and drove about an hour before i realized i coulnd't give up and that was not the way i wanted to go down. so i turned around and just kept praying that i could make sence of my experiances. Now i must say I did find some really great amazing friends in salt lake ones i will never forget and always love. but It was a growing period and one that i had to do mostly alone with the comfort of pray and my savior. I won't bore you will all the details but thankfully one of these dear friends from USU encouraged me to apply to a PTA program in boston. thankfully this worked out from there i new i was headed to boston. My sister in law had a brillant idea that i could come live wiht them in san diego for the 2 montsh before i left out east.

I thought it sounded great. the beach, my 2 brothers their wives. cute boys.. why not.... I had no idea this place would heal me and rebuild me like it has and as i lay here tonight i can't help but get a bit choked up about leaving. It truly has been my saving grace. I have felt alive and refreshed. I was out of the furnace for a time and this place and these people here have been the ones to help me be sooo happy. WEll them and the tv show the office and of course hannah montana :)

I will never forget the things i learned in the year i was in salt lake i wouldn't trade those lonely days for anything because i learned who i was. i grew up..... and let me tell you it was was probably long over due and the hardest thing for me. I am grateful for the feelings of peace i have found in Kacey and Casey's Apt. I will always be in debt to them. I know wed morning ia going to be rough as my plane takes off from this beautiful place but i know i will be ok. I'm so soo happy i got to experaince all this and add another lovely chapter to my life. Thank you San Diego for bringing the smile and sunshine back.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh honey, this post broke my heart! I am so glad that you found peace & happiness, but it kills me that you were so sad for so long. I am way excited about this next chapter of your life, the drive will be long - but I am really looking forward to it!

Love you! See you soon!
xoxoxox

amber said...

I love reading your blog. How lucky you are to be traveling from one end of the country to the other. It seems like we all have to go through those hard times...thank goodness we're never alone. But you are right, with those hard times you grow so much and learn so much about yourself. So happy for you and you are going to be living in a place that I've dreamed about visiting for forever. So get a camera to post some pics!!!!

Andrea Jolene said...

Dude - I feel ya. SLC was hard for me this last year too...really really hard. Probably cause I'm 23. Nobody likes you when you are 23. ;) Welcome to the blog word. I'm going to add you to my list - can I be on yours too dear friend? And why didn't we ever hang?

kim said...

Hold on, let me wipe my tears. Holy cow I'm so happy you left to Cali and then Boston! I knew the day you mentioned your plan it was right, it brought peace to my heart just hearing your idea. Jo you are so rad and the funniest chick I have ever met. I can't describe how happy I am to know you're smiling and in the hands of our closest friends. We are blessed to have the friends we have. I got to get out there soon, hey maybe we will be living there next year!
Kim
OHHH... I have faith to start a blog now that I remember you suck at spelling too and don't like the shift button. haha. Thanks.

Whitney said...

Well, wow, I just read that blog, I hadn't read it before because I forgot your URL.
I got choked up, but it makes me feel horrible. I am sorry I wasn't there for you as much as I probably needed to be. I am so happy you found your place. Sometimes Heavenly Father puts us through that furnace to come out shinning and you are letting your light shine bright in Boston. You are the Saving Grace to so many people and I am proud to say you are one to me. Love you.